2007-10-05

Microway Screamer arrived

According to stamp on a package my motherboard arrived to Lithuania custom on 27 September. However, I got it only yesterday. Because of its weigth (~1,7 Kg), I needed to go to a post branch near our railway station (usually I am getting deliveries in a post near my house). However, my first visit was out of luck. It appeared that I needed to have a copy of invoice before I would get a delivery. The other day everything went quite smoothly. I paid 37 Lt of VAT for it...

The problems didn't end by this :). After I returned home, of course, I made some photos and tried to boot it up. It didn't showed any signs of life. I was very disappointed, I read the whole manual of the motherboard but didn't understand how it can be booted. Finally, I began searching for the reason of that in google. It appeared that this motherboard doesn't conform ATX standard though it has an ATX power connector... Firstly, the motherboard requires a power supply with the power switch connected directly to power supply. I have one power supply with such switch on the back panel, however, it is not enough. Such power supplies also require the PSON signal to be grounded. There are some more solutions, but I didn't try anything yesterday. So, I didn't boot the system and I will have to wait for the weekend to try it one more time.
Photos:

No comments: