2007-10-11

Screamer finally booted!

I finally booted my Microway Screamer 400 today :). Thanks to my dad we soldered "engineering fix" to my motherboard. I made some photos but there were not good. This engineering fix grounded PSON signal on motherboard. Because of this I can use all standard power supplies. I bought one new power supply with hard switch and my motherboard with Alpha CPU booted. I didn't have time to do something more interesting, however, I looked at firmware options. It looks like that there is only ARC firmware, so I can't boot BSDs, only Linux. However, I will try to write SRM console later (it is PC164 clone, so I downloaded it here). I am a little bit afraid that it will not fit (it is quite risky), but I probably will never have an opportunity to boot Windows NT in it, so I am more interested in other OSes (not only Linux). Lack of time can put off these new experiments for a long time, however, as I will find even some free minutes I definitely will play with my new system.

No comments: